- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Tag Archives: crash
It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt. I’m sure you’ve heard the outcome, but I’ll continue the report as usual… I had a lot of rest last week so I expected the first race to open up the … Continue reading
I came into today’s race a bit tired and wasn’t feeling much snap during warmup. The course was similar to what I’ve seen before with a lot of different terrain. A long paved climb, a fast sinuous descent on a soft … Continue reading
After a successful weekend of racing, I’m now focusing on preparing for my cyclocross season. I was going to head out for a good endurance ride on Tuesday, but it didn’t quite go to plan. I drove the baby up … Continue reading
By far the biggest race of the year in Colorado. Over 700 entrants, 2,000 spectators, National Champions in attendance fighting it out for UCI Points, a $10,000 purse, and of course Halloween day antics. I wasn’t sure I could, but …
A recent incident highlighted something that has been on my mind so far this season: On course warmup / course inspection. If you haven’t heard, a well known cyclocross blogger, Greg Keller of MudandCowbells.com, was injured in a crash with … Continue reading
This is a classic criterium which I have raced quite a few times. Incidentally it was the first race I took my wife (then girlfriend) to watch. She told me she was pretty worried after seeing all of the hay …
So imagine my surprise when I arrived at work for my last shift before my trip for Le Tour, only to find someone else getting ready for work… OOPS! I suppose I took an extra day off to have time …
After being dropped yesterday I was curious how the State Championship Criterium would go for me. I usually do better on the second day of racing, and I had heard that on the flatter, wider, but still technical course it …