- Always a fan of @ and have mentioned his previous "No supplements" tweet a few times. Now a bigger fan:
- Dugast sidewall wasn't happy after yesterday's wet apparently. Had some lap times that'd put me in the lead lap, but not enough of them.
- Lapped. Pulled. I'm guessing 55th? Not my best work. Thanks for the cheers. Tomorrow is a new day!
- Jeremy Powers warms up only slightly slower than I race. Ask him about how I wiped out behind him too.
- Huge field for Elite Men (89!) (and women, 48) for the Smartwool Cup! Race predictor has me in 44th. Lead lap will be a challenge.
Blog Post Calendar
- USGP Day1: 100TSS, 1000kJ, 38' Race: 316NP - USGP Day2: 120TSS, 1200kJ, 52' Race: 321NP.
- Yesterday: Off. Today: 20 minute commute with a few efforts. Excited for the big race this weekend.
- CX practice: 2 hrs w/ 35 min at race pace: 148w avg, 241 NP, 1100kJ, 110 TSS. Good legs: TSB 4.9, CTL 63. TSB 13.1 for Saturday's race.
- Failed workout 4x4' @ 380w: 1st @ 370w, but max HR only 159 (LTHR=164), 2nd started at lower power and HR, higher RPE -> Called it off.
- 2 days off.
- I promise to get my stupid garmin to record data... None from today's race. Est TSS 125, 1h:30m - Hard, week, Low temp, high alt, low HR.
- Easy Ride: 1h20m, 40 TSS. 16.5 mph.
- Today: Sweet Spot climbing, but felt good and did some Z4. 20' @ 300w, 25' @ 340w. 4h, 1600 kJ, 245 NP, 200 TSS.
- Wed: This page intentionally left blank. 110 TSS, 2 hours, 1150 kJ.
- Tuesday: Tabata intervals on Trainer: 20s @ 450-500w, 10s off. 3 sets of 7 reps. 50TSS, 400 kJ.
Tag Archives: crossvegas
I arrived on the day of the race with plenty of time to spare. Overall I was well prepared with the exception of only having time to shave one leg, as I was interrupted during my morning shower by an … Continue reading
Soon I found myself positioned in 75th place in the starting grid on the 8th row. On paper, it seemed much better than starting in 110th place, but in practice I still was very far away from the front. In … Continue reading
Alright, I am going to pull the ultimate pro move and type this post with my thumbs at the airport. Apologies for any bad writing to follow… My wife and I decided to make this a mini vacation. Even though … Continue reading
The first cross race of the year is always interesting. I’ve heard many mention the acute pain it causes them. I assume these folks are the ones that don’t race as much all summer. Today’s race hurt, but not much … Continue reading
With the State Road Race behind me and a few cancellations on the calendar, I am spending most of my time thinking about Cyclocross season. If it were completely up to me, I would take August off racing entirely. Well, … Continue reading