- I just looked at my Garmin data: Trihydro TT time would have been 23:40 despite riding my road bike and no warm up.
- Technical difficulties. Missed my start time by a lot. Finished though.
- Felt SO good. Solo the last 5 laps. Arms in the air. Crowd cheering. Wife and baby on hand too. Thanks to everyone for their support.
- I WON the Pro/1/2 Criterium at the Dead Dog Classic Stage Race in Laramie, WY!!!
- Huge thanks to @ for getting me a replacement Vision Tech aerobar clamp plate replacement in just a few days!
Blog Post Calendar
- Yesterday: Hard 50 minute Criterium and harder 25 minute TT. 347NP for the crit. 142 TSS for the day. Today: Rest day!
- HARD 84 mi RR. 7,000 ft vertical. Dropped on 30' climb @ 4.3 w/kg (310w), I expect to do 4.6 (330w). Bonked after only 2h:25m + 2,000 kJ.
- Rest day. I'm on the simple race season training plan 'til mid July: either racing or resting.
- Weeknight Training Race: 45m, 321 avg watts, 350w NP. 2012 10 minute power record: 363w. 42 mi and 2h:10m total. 150 TSS, 1500 kJ.
- Two rest days after two days racing over the weekend. Spent an easy hour or two on the bike running errands today.
- 10.8 mile hill climb from 8500 - 11475 feet. 312W (4.27/kg), 12.5 mph, 51m:47s. Sign of fatigue from yesterday: avg HR 10 bpm lower. 8th pl.
- 40k TT: 51m:17s, 322w avg, 327NP, 29.1 mph, 990 kJ, 530' total elevation gain, avg HR 163 (Threshold power: 330, HR: 164)
- Tuneup ride / shakedown yesterday. I don't usually do these, but I've had very low training load and needed to check equipment too.
- Another rest day at work.
- Wasn't quite ready for a super-hard ride after only 1 day off. Still did 30' threshold and 2hrs on the TT bike. 20.5 mph, 1500kJ, 247NP.
Tag Archives: dropped
This is one of the best races on the calendar. It features a historic 13.5 mile loop which was used back in the days of the Coors Classic, the largest American stage race in the 80′s. The defining feature of …
Last weekend, I knew I was fatigued from high training load for my first race of the season at the Louisville Crit. My result there was neutral; not good, but not bad. After last season, where I was positively surprised … Continue reading
So you want to race eh? It can be hard to figure out everything needed for your first bike race, so I’ve written a quick guide. There can be a lot involved so I’ll try to briefly cover each point. … Continue reading
OUCH! One of my favorite cycling quotes perfectly describes this race: “Sometimes you are the hammer, and sometimes you are the nail”. The Louisville Criterium is a good season opener. The course is relatively safe, the pavement is in decent … Continue reading
The North Boulder Park Crit is a classic local race and has been running since the mid eighties. Today’s race drew a large Pro/1/2 field of over 70, including quite a few racers without day jobs. I knew it would …