- RT @: Even in east Boulder County, there are damaged bridges, culverts and roads. Please stay inside.
- RT @: Images of Peraud crashing, falling on same collarbone he broke earlier today are so, so disturbing. My right clavicle throb…
- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
Blog Post Calendar
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Tag Archives: mud
The Cross Classic was my first UCI race back in 2010. I was a newly minted Cat 2 and took my first opportunity to be at the start of a race with international level competition. I finished in the mid … Continue reading
Yesterday I raced my first cyclocross race of the season. The field was pretty good sized for a weeknight race in the mud, with some tough competition from Tim Allen. We fought it out for the first two laps of … Continue reading
The weather was forecast to be bad for this race. I was expecting it to be muddy, but was surprised to see it was worse than last year. One the drive up, I could hardly see anything, nor stay on the … Continue reading
One of the things which differentiates cyclocross from other forms of racing is the pits. In road racing a PRO will have a few team cars following with spare equipment/bikes, etc; an amateur may have a neutral follow vehicle for …